Thursday, May 10, 2012

who i am

I am Andrea. I have a husband and two beautiful daughters. I am 33 years old.

I have blue eyes and hair that changes colors on a whim. Nothing too bold though - usually just between different shades of blonde or brown.

I am an emotional eater - and no amount of weight loss success and an "everything in moderation" mantra is ever going to change that.

I prefer exercising in the afternoon with the exception of running - then I'm all about the evening.

I am a Christian who is far from perfect but loves the LORD.

I am a daughter, sister, niece, grand-daughter, auntie, friend, wife and mother.

I drive a mini-van but miss my Honda Civic every day.

I love the sights, smell and 'feel' of the mall. Going there makes me happy. And spending money (that is specifically allotted for such spending) makes me even happier.

I use Bath and Body Works soaps exclusively, regardless of whether it's really the best kind of soap to be using.

I do not make my own...anything, really; I'm not a do-it-yourself kinda gal. That used to make me feel guilty, and sometimes still does when I see/hear of people making their own soaps, lip balm, etc.

I am teaching myself how to play guitar but am getting stuck with the difficult chords and feeling discouraged.

I wish I was more out-going and able to carry out my end of conversations easier.

I wish I wasn't always so worried about what other people think of me.

I lost 70 pounds over the course of 15 months to reach my goal weight in September of 2010.

Now, a year and a half later, I am struggling to keep my weight loss at a 65 pound total.

I could eat Mexican food every day.

I wish I was naturally more adventurous when it came to food...but I am far from it and don't really want to work at it (hence the word 'naturally').

I wonder how much my fear of flying negatively impacts my husband.

I worry about finances too often yet have a hard time forcing myself to keep to my budget.

I wish January 12, 2012 was not my last day at my used-to-be job but rather was just another ordinary day.

Change makes me uncomfortable.

I watch too much TV but sometimes I just don't care.

I have majorly cut back on my drama-type shows and watch more comedies. Because sometimes at the end of a particularly difficult and stressful day, I just want to relax and laugh. Yet sometimes watching the dramas makes me feel better because my problems aren't as bad as the ones I'm watching on the TV screen.

I love working on a computer. And I dislike cleaning toilets.

I can never keep my house tidy. Just ask my kids.

I yell at my children too much but am wanting to change that. I'm definitely a far-from-perfect parent.

I dislike it when people have such strong parenting views that they make others feel like they are doing it 'wrong.' I disagree with a lot of things that a lot of people do...but it's not up to me to tell them that (unless they ask me!).

I have a strong desire to have everybody like me; I'm not one of those people who can brush it off easily and say "Oh well - can't please everybody" and just go on with my day as if nothing happened.

But I am learning that when some people dislike you and cut you out of their life, it's actually for the better. It's almost as if you were drinking poison before and it is now replaced with fresh, pure water just by having someone exit your life.

Then why do I sometimes want another sip of the poison?

I am much more likely to open myself up and be vulnerable through the computer. Where I can't see the person who is getting the glimpse into my soul. If I am face-to-face with you, I will clam up.

I have been off anti-depressants for over a year and a half. I sometimes miss that little pink pill but most days I feel I can continue to survive without it (excluding the winter months, that is).

I struggle with anxiety. Often I turn to Pepsi when I feel this way...rather than turning to God.

I am my 8-year-old's piano teacher. I feel proud of how much she has progressed, yet I also worry that I am doing her a disservice; that perhaps she would excel more if she had a "real" piano teacher.

I am going to start giving my 6 year old piano lessons in the fall.

I love making my kids their birthday cakes instead of buying them.

For many years all I used to read were Christian books. Until I read the Twilight series a few years ago. It opened up my reading world to include all sorts of books.

I wish I had a bigger kitchen with more cupboard space. And a walk-in pantry. And main floor laundry. And a window seat.

Yet I have way more than I need, but still am always left wanting more. I believe that makes me selfish and greedy. Not very attractive traits, yet I know I am not alone in this struggle.

I have only ever gone for one pedicure in my life. I have no desire to go for another one. My feet are too ticklish, and quite frankly, there are many other things I would rather spend my money on.

I paint my own toenails and dye my own hair (usually with my hubby's assistance).

I think people over-use onions. Now of course I think they're not necessary in ANYTHING but some people use them in absolutely EVERYTHING...come on, people!

I have a closet full of clothes, yet often feel like I have nothing to wear.

I have an addiction to purses. And Pepsi.

I've only had my ears pierced for a few years and don't know why it took me so long!

I am a musician.

I am not a gardener.

I used to be known for laughing at anything and everything...but I lost that somewhere along the way.

I am extremely ticklish.

I can't dance. At all. I have a video to prove that, but you ain't gonna see it!!

I am a person who craves routine yet when I do something spontaneous I think I should do it more often.

I believe in menu-planning...yet am not good at keeping up with it. I'll do it for a few months at a time and then something happens to throw me off track and it can take upwards of a year for me to get back into it.

I try things and fail.

I try things and succeed.

I love watching movies that make me cry.

I am a blogger of 5 years (as of TODAY!) and this is my Blogoversary post!



Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is simple. Did anything in my list stand out to you? Make you smile? Make you go "hmmm...I didn't know that" or make you think "Yup, that's one of the things that always comes to mind when I think of you"?

5 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I think you mention Pepsi at least twice but I don't think I saw any reference to the TV show "Friends." Hmmmm....

Happy 5th blogiversary! I guess that means mine is coming up in a few days, too! ;)

Amanda said...

I remember that you used to laugh all the time, it was easy to make you laugh, that doesn't happen anymore makes me go hmmm..... You saying you yell at your girls to much, makes me feel like I'm not alone....I need to change that as well.

TammyIsBlessed said...

We had a woman come give her testimony at Coffee Connections this year - she suffered from severe anxiety disorder and had been housebound for a couple years before beginning therapy. Anyway, she conquered all her fears, including her fear of flying - and now flies by herself without fear! It is possible to do - but only if YOU want to, and only if you WANT to, because it is a lot of hard work.


Hmmmmm, Pepsi! ;)

TammyIsBlessed said...

And I identify with a LOT of the things on your list!

Jackie said...

Neat - I'm feel proud and special to say that I knew almost all of the things you stated:) But I learned a few new tidbits too. I can hardly stand pedicure too and didn't know that about you! Love you Andrea!