Friday, June 1, 2012

heavenly Son-shine

The last few days have been beautiful and sunny over here - but right before that, we went through a rather dreary period where there was cloud and rain and more cloud as far as the eye could see. This went on for d.a.y.s. and I think everybody was getting more than a little tired of it.

One morning when Joelle came downstairs and looked out the window to see yet another cloudy start to the day, she sighed and said, "I wish the sun would shine today."

"Actually," I reminded her - and myself - "The sun is always shining. Sometimes the clouds just get in the way."

It's true. The sun rises every morning no matter what; that's a constant. We might not be able to feel its warm presence, but it's there...somewhere.

As I was telling this to my child, I realized what a good reminder it was to me about God. He is always there; that's another constant. I may not always be able to feel His presence. I might go through dreary times where I feel the coolness of the cloud cover and long to feel the warmth of the Son.

But I can always cling to the promises that not only is He really always there - but that the clouds will eventually part and I will once again be flooded with Sonlight.


No comments: