Monday, July 30, 2012

from pinned to practice: #6-8




Well, I didn't try 4 new pins this past week like I did the week before ~ but I did do three! I'm tellin' ya, it feels good to be actually using the things I'm pinning. And the whole family is benefitting from it.




First up this past week was a new hairstyle for the girls! I did this braid-in-a-braid and it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! Simple really ~ just braid one of the 3 chunks of hair first and then carry on with the braid as per usual. The picture on the left looks like there is actually a chunk of unbraided hair *together* with the braided part...but the link I followed didn't get me to any specific instructions, so I just did it my way and it still turned out. Simple but pretty!

Then there were our tasty ham & pineapple kabobs {find the recipe here}. One thing that we forgot was to actually marinate the kabobs in the glaze for 2 hours prior to BBQ'ing them. They still turned out good, but the flavour just wasn't as soaked in as it should've been. Still a success though! Ours is the one pictured on the bottom.


And this last one we didn't technically start in this last week's time frame. But we made it so I'm counting it anyway! Here is the original source for this idea and we are calling ours "Popsicle Prayers." We have friends and families listed on various popsicle sticks and the plan is that every night before bed while we're doing night-time prayers with the girls, they will each pick out a popsicle stick at random and pray for that individual/couple/family. The original idea also has church and world leaders, etc. But for now we're just starting with our own loved ones and eventually we can expand. The girls are excited about it, and I'm looking forward to helping them develop their prayer life a little further than just "thank you for the fun day and no bad dreams" sort of prayers.


Stay tuned next week to find out what else we'll decide to try! And feel free to copy & paste my "pinned to practice" button and start doing posts like this on your own page! I'd love to get even more inspired from the rest of you!


4 comments:

pam said...

Neat ideas. I think I pinned that same ham and pineapple recipe, so I'll have to try it out soon!

I tried something from Pinterest on the weekend (and it actually worked out pretty well), so perhaps I'll have to do a "pinned to practice" post of my own. :)

LaughingLady said...

LOVE the popsicle prayers idea! Will have to PIN that one as well. We've been trying to get the girls to move away from saying the same things over and over again, but haven't been very successful. I could see this helping a LOT!!

Mamarazzi said...

serious cuteness. i use to braid Jordan's hair like that. i miss having a little girl who would allow me to do her hair. enjoy it while it lasts mama, they grow soooo fast!!

teenagers are fun too tho, sometimes.

*wink*

sorry i don't comment often. word verification hates me...the feeling is mutual.

TammyIsBlessed said...

I love these posts :)