Wednesday, August 8, 2012

from pinned to practice: #9

 Okay, so I had a slow week this week with only trying ONE new pin. In my defense, that was my original goal in the first place so I'm still on par.  :)  I am late in posting it though...but what can I say, it's been busy around here!

Anyway, without further ado here is my pin for last week. A very simple BBQ Chicken crockpot recipe. Here is the picture that I pinned:

And here is the picture of how mine turned out:

 It was tasty, don't get me wrong. But why the hang do MY attempts never turn out looking anything like the picture? Mine may have tasted fine but it certainly doesn't LOOK as mouth-watering. Oh well. I said I was going to try a pin a week ~ I didn't say anything about how successful my re-pins would be!

 I was a huge fan of my potatoes that I whipped up, however. This isn't a pin, just something I adapted from a casserole I had at my Mom's several weeks ago. She used a box of stuffing to put on top of a casserole to give it that crunch ~ and a delicious flavour too! So I tried that on my mashed potatoes. I mashed them up with lots of garlic, then I added cheese and the stuffing mix and baked it all up. And oh. my. goodness. They were scrumptious! I'll definitely be making them this way again, that's for sure!


Hmmm...and I just realized that it's already Wednesday and I haven't tried a new pin for this week yet! I'd better get on that quick!

2 comments:

pam said...

I kind of doubt that the chicken in that first picture was actually cooked in a slow cooker (or just a slow cooker). I've never seen meat in a slow cooker turn out like that (with dark, crispy edges). Anything that I've made in the slow cooker comes out looking like your picture. I don't think you're doing anything wrong - I think that probably the pictures are a bit misleading. Good work with keeping up with trying out pins, even if it's just one a week! I really like these posts.

Kathy and Carl said...

I love your pinned to practice ideas. Gives me inspiration! And I'm all about yummy recipes.