Wednesday, September 5, 2012

from pinned to practice: #17 & 18


Well, last week was an insanely crazy incredibly busy week ~ like, I'm talking hardly having time to b-r-e-a-t-h-e busy ~ but as the title of this post suggests, I still had time to try out 2 new pins.

{Simple ones...but they still count!}




#17.  Earlier in summer I made my first ever batch of blueberry muffins. However, they weren't exactly a favorite item around here...they were dry and, well, just not something that was overly tempting to anyone. But last week I had some blueberries that I knew we wouldn't eat quick enough before they went bad so I wanted to try another recipe.

Behold I bring you "To Die For Blueberry Muffins"...and I'm telling ya' ~ the name of these muffins paints an accurate picture. These beauties not only turned out good-lookin'...but they really were good-tastin' too!


#18. Right on the heels of making the muffins, I was saying to myself {yes, OUT LOUD even} that it seemed silly to me that they sell cupcake/muffin liners in packages of 50 when you use them in the form of dozens. Why not sell them in packages of 48? There are always a few leftover and they get lost in the cupboard ~ or squished in their flimsy plastic container.

That thought process reminded me that I had pinned something for just such a use awhile back. Enter "store extra cupcake liners in a mason jar" pin. Apparently the idea is from this site but I can't find the actual post since the link just brought me to the blog page of a whole lot of uses for mason jars.


And there you have it! Still on a roll with trying out new pins every week. And while I'm only on Wednesday, I've already tried 2 new pins this week ~ with a 3rd on the way at suppertime tonight! Stay tuned to see what they are, but in the meantime here's my challenge to you for this week {or next week, since this week is already half over}:

Next time you go onto Pinterest ~ which, let's face it, will probably be pretty soon, tell yourself to pick one thing you're going to try. Doesn't matter how simple it is {like my cupcake liner pin} ~ just do something! You'll feel proud of yourself for actually doing, not just pinning. And it might put you on a roll too!

1 comment:

pam said...

Mmmm, those do look great! I love making muffins (or perhaps I should say "eating muffins"), but I wish there was a way to keep that "just baked" taste (warm and soft inside, crunchy on the outside). They seem to always get soggy once you put them in a container.

I saw that muffin liner pin too (maybe I saw it when you pinned it), but I don't think I've ever had a problem with leftover liners. Maybe it's because I often end up a few short of a dozen when I bake (I'd rather make fewer, bigger muffins than have exactly 12 smaller muffins), so I'm always using odd numbers. But that's great that it came in handy for you!