Tuesday, November 13, 2012

from pinned to practice: #31-33

I enjoyed the variety in the pins I tried this week. Of course two were new recipes - but nothing to do with chicken (or main courses even) and one was another crochet project!

(Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying my re-discovery of crocheting? There's something about making something with your very own hands...)


#31. First up are these adorable fingerless gloves that I pinned from here. I just wanted to test out the pattern first, which is why I just used boring black. But I have since bought some other yarn and I plan to make these for the girls for part of their stocking stuffer (so SHHHH...don't tell them).


#32. Next up were these granola bars which looked so simple and delicious. And they were...simple at least. But delicious? Well, let's just say I won't bother making them again. Malia seems to enjoy them a fair bit, but even Les - who eats most anything - isn't sold on them. I'm not quite sure what it is about them that aren't pleasing to my taste buds...but they just don't do anything for me. I have a different recipe I have acquired from a friend (that I have tasted and LOVED) so those will be what I make next time.


#32. And last - but most definitely not least are these potatoes. Pardon the really poor lighting (and the fact that there's no real link to the recipe) but basically this is all you do: Mash up your potatoes like normal but also add in some extras - I used seasoning salt, parsley, garlic and shredded cheese. Then spoon into muffin tins, run a fork along the top and brush with  melted butter and then bake! Next time I'll bake mine a little longer - the time wasn't given to me on the pin - because when taking them out of the muffin tins, they just all fell apart. Part of the fun of it is having them in muffin shapes, but they didn't hold together. Don't get me wrong - it didn't affect the amazing taste - but just a note for next time. These were a HUGE hit with the whole family and I'll for sure be making them again - although next time adding some bacon to them as well! Mmmm!!!


And there you have it - another week of pinned ideas put into practice! What did y'all do this week from your pins?

3 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Those finger gloves look so amazing! Are they crocheted? And the potatoes, I think I gotta try those.

I painted some blocks and stenciled lettering to make a welcome sign for my entrance. That's my pin for the month...sigh. So thanks for your weekly inspiration.

Andrea said...

Yes they are a VERY simple crochet pattern...you could totally make them Kathy!!

Yay for you for painting blocks and stenciled lettering for your entrance. I'm sure it looks GREAT!!

Angela Kroeker said...

I NEED those for shooting in cold weather!! I'm going to have to figure out how to make them. I am almost done Simon's blanket, that will have to be my next project.