Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 days of Christmas: Day 1

Technically this should be a "From Pinned to Practice" post but that was going to make the title far too long. But regardless this is #34 of that series for those who are keeping track.  :)

I have to say that this year I have really been in the gift-giving spirit. I think perhaps part of that reason is that it seems we are doing fewer and fewer gift exchanges over the years as our families have moved more towards donating to certain charities. While that's all well and good - I have been missing giving gifts that I used to give.

Of course last week was my blog give-away where 3 readers won handmade scarves and now I'm in the thick of something else: A  special "12 Days of Christmas" for my hubby! When I first pinned this on Pinterest and started reading about it, I figured it was going to be too expensive for our budget this year so I put it on the back-burner. But then after talking with a friend who had found it online as well and was planning to do it...we figured that we could do it cheaply and still have it make an impact on our special husbands.

I know the 12 days of Christmas start after Christmas (if you want to get technical) but I'm using this as a countdown leading up to Christmas.

The point of it is to give him a gift every day over the next 12 days - and to have the gift correspond somehow with the number of day in the countdown.

So I have spent the past week coming up with ideas, doing the shopping, writing the notes, wrapping the gifts and coming up with ideas of how and when I'll leave the gifts for Les to discover every day. Needless to say, I have been getting very excited and at times I feel almost giddy even! It's so much fun to give gifts.

Okay, so first up on Day 1 was One WUNderbar! Clever isn't it?  ;)


For the first day I didn't do anything creative with how I gave it to him. I just had it wrapped and left on the kitchen table so he would find it when he had his breakfast before work (he's always up and gone for the day before I get out of bed).


He was certainly surprised and he really seems to be looking forward to the next 11 days! Stay tuned to find out what Day #2 is!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Les must feel so special! He's a lucky, blessed guy to have you!

TammyIsBlessed said...

That is such a fantastic idea! I totally have to remember this for next year - so much fun! :)