Thursday, January 17, 2013

1000 gifts: #586 - 601

I figured it was time I made a nice long 1000 gifts list. Not only because it's been over a month since I last added to the running list...but because lately I've only been focusing on the negative things around here (there have been plenty) and I need to remind myself to look at the good too - because I believe there is also plenty of that too!

[586] daughters who are old enough to understand when Mom isn't feeling good
[587] Advil
[587] cradling a cup of hot tea in my hands
[588] coming up with enough energy to get through my mornings at work
[589] and then having the afternoons to crash on the couch
[590] 8:00pm bedtimes - wow do those ever feel good!
[591] foot rubs from my understanding and sympathetic hubby
[592] a warm house to ride out the winter storm in
[593] menu planning which really saved my butt last week
[594] nasal spray to help me breathe at night
[595] crock pot baked potato soup
[596] wearing a new fun-patterned shirt to church on Sunday making me feel alive for the first time all week
[597] the truth that our God is greater
[598] getting in to see the dentist 5 days earlier than originally scheduled
[599] anti-biotics to clear up an infection
[600] starting to finally feel better so I could enjoy my birthday
[601] a beautiful new necklace

1 comment:

pam said...

The one about your girls' understanding that you're not feeling well - that's a big one! Annika is sort of starting to get the concept, but she figures that "not feeling well" should only last for maybe an hour or two, and then you should be good to go. :P
Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better, and that you were still able to sing with us on Sunday!