Saturday, January 12, 2013

bitten by the bug

This winter you could say that I was bitten by the crochet bug. Once I started picking up my crochet hook again (after a long hiatus - the last time I did anything was when I made the traditional blanket for my latest nephew who is now well over a year old), it seemed like I just couldn't stop!

After finding a few projects on Pinterest that I tested out, I started to think that some of these ideas would make great Christmas gifts! And since it seems like gift-giving has taken a downward turn over the last few years (with more people turning towards donating to charities instead), I have been feeling a bit of a let-down. I'm all for donating to charities, don't get me wrong! But I have been feeling a lack of Christmas spirit as I really do enjoy giving gifts.

So this year I did both! And one thing led to another and I ended up making:

17 scarves...
7 pairs of fingerless gloves...


 

And a partridge in a pear tree baby hat with cute little ears!


The top picture doesn't even include them all, since I had already started giving some gifts away before I had finished making for everybody on my list! 

I tell you though - this, on top of the 12 Days of Christmas that I did for Les - definitely put me in a better Christmas spirit this year!

And my love for crocheting isn't stopping quite yet! Not only did I make another 2 pairs of fingerless gloves since Christmas, I also have another niece or nephew on the way to make another blanket for, AND I have a request to make a similar baby hat, another pair of fingerless gloves and a pair of leg warmers!

The fun just doesn't stop...

3 comments:

Roo said...

oooo love it all andrea.... you can get crochet patterns on pinterest?....

Kathy and Carl said...

Wow. I can totally see how once you start with those awesome projects you couldn't stop. What a great way to bless people!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Make that one more pair of fingerless gloves? Pretty please?