Tuesday, July 2, 2013

time with my family = perfection

As we headed into the July long weekend last Friday, Les and I agreed that we really needed to make some plans. Other than church on Sunday - followed by a quick lunch out and a Wal-Mart run - we had nothing on the schedule. But as the weekend went on, no other plans ended up being made and other than those few hours on Sunday, we ended up spending the entire long weekend together at home. 

And it was pure bliss!

The weather was gorgeous, the girls were fairly well-behaved the entire time, even Les and I didn't get on each others' nerves! I was (and am) still suffering from my back injury so I didn't do a whole lot all weekend other than just enjoy being in my family's presence. And it was amazing how much fun we had just staying at home for three days (and four evenings) in a row.

We had a picnic on the back deck...


Enjoyed some yummy ice cream treats [and maybe a slurpee or two too!]...


The girls enjoyed shooting their new bows that we bought for them...


And of course playing outside with water was a must in the hot temperatures - including a balloon toss and a wicked water fight with Daddy...


 The trampoline was used [both with and without water]...


We ate supper in front of the TV each evening [a rare treat] while enjoying a Dr. Dolittle triple feature...


 And Les and the girls played baseball in the front yard after each movie-viewing while I enjoyed watching them - and the beautiful sunsets - from the front porch...


I love it how we don't always need things scheduled for us to enjoy spending time together. We don't need to spend money and go here and there and everywhere. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, but it was kinda nice to just lay low and enjoy some quality time together day in and day out in the comfort of our own home. 

Yup, it was a pretty perfect long weekend.

1 comment:

Margo said...

This sounds likes an absolutely perfect weekend to me!! :)