Tuesday, June 17, 2014

#awomansprerogative

Changing her mind.

Actually, it's everyone's prerogative, really.

It's why I have tried to tell myself to "never say never."

Specifically, I'm talking about hashtags. Last fall, I did a post exclaiming my extreme dislike of the oh-so-popular hashtag trend. But over the last few months I have started changing my mind on this topic.

And after fighting it for awhile, I gave in and yes, I have started using hashtags on some of my posts. I still don't like the over-use of them, but I did begin to realize that they really are fun.

It was hard for me to finally start using them, because...well, I can be a bit stubborn. And if I said I hated hastags, then I should stand by that. I started to almost feel guilty for even considering using them. I didn't want to give in.

Well, Hog-wash to that, I say.


So I used to dislike them and then they started growing on me...so what? If my feelings on them changed, why shouldn't I start having fun with them? Why resist something just for the sake of resisting it?

I have been meaning to 'fess up on this subject for awhile now, but after being called out on it several times lately on Instagram or Facebook, I figured it was time to make a public statement.  :)

And while we're on the topic of changing my mind - I also now am into wearing tight yoga/running pants for more than just working out. Like, even in public sometimes.

So sue me.  

(But they're no lululemon's...just cheap Old Navy ones.)


3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Heehee, I wondered when this "issue" might be addressed here! :)

TammyIsBlessed said...

I still haven't started using them (except to call you out - ha ha!) - but I might yet, we'll see! I won't say never :)

Jackie Klassen said...

He he...you're funny:)