Monday, August 11, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.ca/2014/08/the-august-daybook-edition-wee-bit-late.html

Outside my window...the sun is shining, the sky is a brilliant blue with a few smatterings of white clouds placed randomly across the sky.
I am thinking...that I have missed regular blogging and I am hoping to find ways - such as this - to get me back into the groove.
I am thankful...for a quiet morning where I can enjoy 2.5 hours of solitude while my girls are at VBS at a nearby church. And after the next two work days, I will have another 2 mornings just like it!
In the kitchen...are cluttered countertops that seems to be a permanent source of frustration for me. Perhaps this afternoon I will once again tackle this near-constant eyesore.
I am wearing...denim capris from Old Navy with a grey top with colorful sparkles that I got at a garage sale a few weeks ago.
I am creating...blankets. My girls are patiently impatiently waiting for me to finish the crocheted blankets I started for them months ago!
I am going...on a mini Grand Forks get-away this coming Friday! I will only be gone for a total of 10 or 11 hours, but it will be pure bliss!
I am wondering...what me and the girls will have for lunch today.
I am reading...a book to give me better understanding of a personal issue that my family is dealing with.
I am hoping...for a feeling of genuine happiness....sometime in the near future...hopefully.
I am looking forward to...seeing a production of The Little Mermaid at Rainbow Stage mid-week with my daughters, my sister and her 2 daughters and my Mom.
I am learning...that I need a new perspective on life.
Around the house...I see many things that need to be done. Yet none of those things will be getting done while my girls are away this morning. I am taking full advantage of my short alone time.
I am pondering...what I want to do when I grow up.
A favorite quote for today...
 
One of my favorite things...is a chilled Pepsi on a warm summer's day.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Music practice at church, 2 days of work, Rainbow Stage (as mentioned above), supper at my Mom's TWICE and my Grand Forks outing.
A peek into my day...




4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Trying to have a new perspective on life is hard! I'm learning and working on that right now, too.

TammyIsBlessed said...

I read an article from Facebook about looking at life through new perspectacles :)

Looking forward to Rainbow Stage next week!

Gin said...

My perspective on a lot of things has been shaken in the last few weeks. I'm learning how to be supportive of those close to me who have lost a husband and father. I thought I knew how but I don't think I was as wise as I thought! My prayer for you today is that you can find happiness is the small things around you.

Jennifer said...

Simple Woman's Daybook is always a good way for me to jump back in when I haven't been blogging regularly. I enjoyed reading yours today, and I look forward to reading more!