Saturday, November 1, 2014

sometimes things change

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I'm not nearly as strict as I used to be on Halloween. I used to have certain etiquette that I expected to be followed for anyone knocking at my door asking for candy.

And now?

I just don't care.


You come in a group and not everyone says "trick or treat"? Meh, so what. Here's your candy.
You're a teenager not dressed up as anything? Open your bag, here's your loot.
You walk away without saying "thank you"? Not my favorite, but I'm not gonna worry about it.
You do the talking for your very capable-of-speaking youngster? Big deal.

I'm just here to give every Tom, Dyck & Sally a piece of candy/chocolate because it's October 31st.

And that's okay.

But as for MY kids...oh, they'd better follow my etiquette rules. Although now that they're old enough to go out on their own (!!!) I guess I'll never actually know if they do!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sometimes in the whole grand scheme of things it's better to let go. Energy and focus need to be saved for the important things. Gosh, I can hardly believe they are big enough to go out themselves! This year our kids went with friends' and a parent. Even that got me all weird inside.

Anonymous said...

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

www.boycottamericanwomen.com

obat kista tradisional said...

so nice this content